Monday, November 23, 2015

Well I am down to digging

No pictures this morning. I have sewn for about 2.5 hours just on 4-patches. Sewing and pressing. Starting to get the combinations all used up. Time to get more denim legs out.

I have to dig for them. They are in a tub. I have another denim couch quilt that needs so more denim bricks cut so it is a have to situation at this point. I need to find the tub with them in.

So that means cleaning. Well I have needed to do that for quite awhile. The other thing is Friday I get the other room of carpet so I really have to work at this. That room has to be emptied.

I also have to buy groceries. I have to for Thanksgiving dinner and some extra stuff for the rest of the week to buy. We are not having Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I have a long list of stuff to buy and I am sure I am forgetting something. We are not having turkey. The kids go to the in-laws and they have turkey there so I plan on ham most of the time. Jeff and I are not really turkey fans anyway.

I am not really into the holidays like a lot of families are. My Mother was always so far away over the holidays they lost their luster for me. Now that she is gone I participate for the grandkids, but that is all I feel for them. Yes I have spiritual feelings, but the gift giving is always a competition as to gives more and I am not that kind of person.

Today is getting off to a slow start and yet I have sewn for 2.5 hours. The change in the decent weather has dampened my spirit. I hate Winter, but I can't imagine moving. Sounds like a Bah Humbug thing. Not really I just have never been an outside winter person. Even as a kid sledding once a year and a snow man was enough for me.

Well  I need to recheck my list and get the things ready for this Friday. Going to be busy around here. Chris

 

3 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

When I lived in upstate NY, I used to look forward to those colder winter days as a chance to stay in and sew -- and now that I have moved to Florida, I really miss them, and also the beauty of the change in the seasons! I like your 4-patch and denim quilt; I read the earlier post (earlier) and just went back to see the pictures again...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never been an outside winter person either. Just shoveling the sidewalk and porch and getting to the birdfeeders to fill them is enough for me. Lets hope for a warmer drier winter this year.

sewyouquilt2 said...

I am an outdoor gal but I dont like the freezing cold and snow. it is so dreary. but a warm fire and cuppa tea with some stitching is just the ticket to make me want to love winter. in the summer I am outside doing outside chores so the sewing is curbed more. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. turkey is not what makes the holiday, it is spending time with loved ones and being thankful for another year of their company. I used to hate doing two holidays as my Mom was not well and my hubs worked the holidays. I would do one at Moms and one at home later on. now that she is gone I would do two again in a heartbeat. Sometimes if we look a little further we can see the good in every change of our lives. enjoy my friend.I am thankful for your blog and quilting ideas.