Monday, October 8, 2012

Credit where credit is due

I am not a needle turning kind of person. I use the easiest method to do applique. I have used the freezer paper and glue stick method, also the baste around an applique shape and feel like it is a lot of work. I started this block last night and I got pretty far on it since I wasn't sure what I was doing.
I didn't like the paper removal after I stitched the shapes onto the background. Well I was reading a lovely and information blog. Many of you do read it. http://fabrictherapy.blogspot.com/ . Teresa uses glue sticks and freezer paper also, but she does it a little different.
AS you can see the shape is cut out and the freezer paper is fused to the front. Then the glue stick is used and the seam allowance is turned under and no paper removal after it is stitched to the background. It is peeled off of the top and no little bits to remove. Yippppppppeeeeeee! Thank you Teresa. The light bulb finally went on for me using the method you use.

Take time and look at her block. She has an amazing storage system working for her. Also is a great appliquer. Oh to grow up and be like you. LOL Chris

1 comment:

Teresa Rawson said...

Hey Chris! I am so glad that the applique method is working for you. I was a little slow with it at first, but after practice you will feel like you can conquer ANYTHING! Thanks for the nice shout out, and I look forward to seeing how your project progresses!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)