Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Crumbs or crazy scrap blocks

As I'm cleaning the sewing room I'm trying to sort through things and be productive. I started a couple buckets of small scraps planning on using them for applique which I will still do, but I also have so much of it I started a few a day making these crumb/scrappy crazy blocks. They are not on a foundation just stitched 1/4 inch seams and trimmed to the 4.5 inch size I chose to make them. Being smaller there is less chance of them being pulled out of shape as I handle the bias edges on some of the pieces. 

There are 30 of these mini blocks here. I'm sure there will be many more in the near future. I plan on cleaning up some of this chaos in there today. I have gotten some of it accomplished, but so much more to do. As I told my Mom it took a long time to get this way it will take some time to get cleaned up.   Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

The little blocks are fun to make and yet they do take time. Today I made 12 of them. I try and get some cutting or cleaning done. I still have borders to add to the Kaleidoscope quilt. So maybe after the baby leaves today I will get them sewn on. I do have two borders on a string quilt to assemble and also quilt. The room is still a mess, but I am the only one in there. It will happen someday. Chris

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love making blocks like that. =)

Frog Quilter said...

I plan to sew my crumbs into blocks at our state quilt meeting weekend. Girls weekend that is.

Yours are very pretty.