Friday, March 14, 2014

I pulled this out to use it

This was my Mother-in-laws machine from the 1960's. It weighs a ton , but it sure stitches through anything. The issue with it is it is a left position for the needle. Not center like the new machines. I've marked a mark on the throat plate to know where the perfect 1/4 inch seam is.  

If you can read it clearly the Pfaff Household Sewing Machine Co. made this machine. It has cams for the different stitches. It is basic straight stitch and zigzag unless you add a cam to the machine.
It uses a Class 15 bobbin and the needle threads from the left to the right. I hadn't heard of them before but they made them for several years. My husband had to re-wire the light, motor and the foot pedal. It had been in a cabinet and the foot controller didn't have a back on the bottom of it. It is electrically sound now and is a quiet running working machine. I have it set up on a table I can do piecing with it. 

Sun is out and almost 50 degrees today. Melting going on. Chris 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wonder if it has a needle position lever to change to center and right. My old Necchi that I got in 1959 threaded from left to right.

Katie M. said...

I love the old machines - they were built to last and so many really have!

Adventurous Quilter said...

Gorgeous machine!