Thursday, September 15, 2011

Garden is all but done

We went out and dug potatoes. I had old potatoes that had sprung eyes in the Spring so I cut them and planted them for giggles. Well I got about 15 lbs of potatoes off of the ones I would have discarded that many months ago. The price of potatoes is really high right now So I have new ones. Yippppppeeeee We pulled the tomatoes also. All that is left is a hill of cucumbers that are still producing and four pepper plants that are going nuts with it cooler.



Next year I think and I know I said I wouldn't do it, but I think I will plant a bigger garden with the neighbors. We have a bigger spot picked out and they are willing to help with it. So we will see how things go.



Fried potatoes and hamburgers on the grill tonight. Yum! Chris

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Well, good for you for growing your own potatoes! =D

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Fresh potatoes are so good! My parents grew their own also.