Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sorting and found Odds and Ends

I never realized that I would be like this. I can't throw anything out. I am not a hoarder really. It is manageable, but still it is a thing that I need to let go of. Lace from some wedding work I did. Flower girls dress for my Granddaughter when she was 3 years old. Crocheting a kitchen washcloth. This one needs the threads tucked in and it can be used.





Buttons. Why, well my neighbor brought me three jars of buttons her Father had cut off garments so he could weave strips of clothing into rag rugs. Also I bought a large amount when I was making kids clothes and the bright colors were necessary.





Hexies that are made but not sure what to do with them. Thought about appliqueing them onto a table cloth and yet they aren't done.

There was talk about using our good fabric instead of trying to get all the scraps used up.
My Scottish heritage is screaming at me. Use it up!!!! I will make an effort to use the better stuff and yet I will have side projects to use up the scraps.

Where are you with your stuff? Hanging on or letting go of it? Chris






1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Oh, Chris.... me and scraps? It's a love / hate relationship! I love having something 'mindless' that I can work with and if it doesn't turn out, I don't feel bad tossing it. I hate having something taking up space that makes me wonder if I'll ever use it.... Every once in a while, though, I go through and toss. I'll keep strips and scraps (and I have no organization method - it all goes in the same bin) no matter the size, then when I go through it, I decide on a size and anything smaller gets pitched.... and so far, I haven't missed a thing! I think I have to 'hang on' a while before I can 'let go'...