Sunday, January 1, 2012

We are old and we stay home for New Years Eve

This is some of the progress for the block I started. There are multiple layers and when you do all the prep for the block it takes some time to get it finished. Today I need to make a bunch of bias strips for the stems and then the leaves for the stems so as I work I can lay down the background pieces in order.

This is the pattern I chose to make this block. It is one of the patterns in The Rose Of Sharon Book by Sharon Pederson.
This is the project my husband did while I was sewing. He does jigsaw puzzles. He had dementia and it keeps his mind working to get these together. This one had 500 pieces and he has large hands and they were small pieces.


He started this yesterday afternoon late and got this far before he went to bed last night. I on the other hand went to be early and got up just before midnight and then went back to sleep, I am a morning person and I was up at 4:30am this morning.

Here is how we spent our New Years Eve. We are creatures of habit and we the age thing happens also. I hope every one has a Great Safe and Happy New Year. Chris





1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Chris. I love the Rose of Sharon block you're working on. I so appreciate applique, yet it is something I very rarely do and it's mostly done by machine - I just don't do much hand work. I will look forward to seeing the finished quilt.