Friday, January 10, 2014

Final hoorah

The final stage of the applique is going on. I chose a size for the center and started to get them prepped . I use a permanent marker so the ink or pencil doesn't bleed through. I use spray starch and an iron and shouldn't bleed through using this method to prepare the raw edge. 

This is the first block I made using the blind stitch method on the machine. I didn't care for the look so I thought I could use it for a pillow top. As you can see the center circle is small and I prefer something a little more balanced in size.

Here is the original size and the new size. I auditioned several sizes and even a different shape, but prefer the circle. 

When I traced these off I had to remember to add a seam allowance to the correct size of the circles. 

Start the running stitching around the circles. This will take a few minutes to do. So happy I am at this stage. 

Stitching about 1/8th of an inch from the edge to draw up the edge turning under the seam allowance when I use the Templar circle and the spray start and iron to get the perfect circle. Off to start laundry. Chris

No comments: