Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scrappy Star

This is a 6 inch finished block. 2.5 inch squares and scraps make up this block. This is using Bonnie Hunter's method of making scrappy stars.

I have so many small pieces and thought I would make one for a sample and see how motivated
I am. I've missed being at the machine so grabbed a handful of scraps and this is what I came up with. If I make a few every few days a quilt will show up eventually. 

I would like to get quilts made for this next year for Christmas presents. The adults have not had any for awhile and couch quilts maybe will be the choice. Small scrap blocks make a showy look when all put together so this maybe will be one of the choices. 

The weather has been above freezing during the day for the last two days and also for tomorrow.  Our piles of snow are shrinking. Our Kroger's store was almost totally wiped out. They hadn't received a shipment in almost 7 days because of the storm and their terminal is in Indiana and they were snowed in for days. I read an article that said Winter was half over. Is that the glass is half full or half empty? Chris


No comments: