Sunday, January 26, 2014

Up at 2:30 am

Bright and bold. These were sitting on my shelf and they spoke to me this morning. Well the middle of the night for others. My mind was on overtime and I couldn't lay in bed anymore. So Netflix and I had a quite morning slicing and dicing.

This is what I came up with.This has two more rows to be added. The color in this picture is off because I have lamp on. Still dark outside so natural light not available. It will be a good nap or crib size for Autumn. The center of the blocks is a print that I used to make summer outfits for Taylor when she was 2 years old. It is all cotton. I decided to use up some more of the leftovers to make some extra quilts because sooner than later potty training will start to happen and nap time is hard to get them to wake up to go to the bathroom. Laundry at that stage is forever on going. I have a lime green backing for this quilt. Not sure what I will use for binding. Maybe make and envelope seam and no binding. Cross hatch diagonal quilting will happen to hold it all together. Fun but quick and yet very useful. 

I wish I knew the gender of the new baby so I could start making some extra ones to have. Maybe I will make some neutral quilts just to use up pieces and yet have for gifts. I have pieces of batting I will piece together to use up so less of that is laying around also. 

Need to go back in there and get the last row sewn together and get the seams pressed the right direction. 

Not a good weather day today. High winds and freshly fallen snow and wind chills in to the -40 to -50 in the next 24 hours. Good day to stay in and get something done. Stay warm Chris  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is SO cute!!!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oops! That was my post!! I accidently posted under the Husbands account! :)