Saturday, November 16, 2013

A little cuteness and lots of cutting

This is the face after her first scrambled egg. She thought it was wonderful. She fed herself. 8 1/2 months old and knows she rules the house.

Last night I decided there was no reason why I couldn't be a cutup while TV was on. I have this portable adjustable table I bought for $30 from Menards. I normally keep it beside the sewing cabinet for the pressing board and iron and a small trimming mat. I readjusted it and brought it out to my chair in the living room with a stack of smaller scraps from a laundry basket from the sewing room. I cut for 2 hours last night and an hour this morning.

Here are 2.5 inch squares. Mind you they were empty when I started.

A 2.5 inch strip then can be cut into 1 inch and 1.5 inch strips for string piecing or courthouse steps, log cabin blocks, or small 9 patches or 4 patches.

Here are the 1.5 strips. Just think of using all the small stuff for utility quilts or charity quilts. Hey you paid for it why not use it.

This is the second stack of scraps that are sliced and diced to fill the tubs.

This is an odd piece, but it works for two cuts.

a 1 inch strip and a 2.5 inch square. Not much waste then. I did get to watch the shows I wanted. This morning I need to move the table back in the sewing room, but it is light weight and easy to move again when I need it.

This is getting fuller and when I want to make a split 9 patch or disappearing 9 patch the pieces are cut. There is plenty more to cut and it will be ready when I need to be distracted and do easy sewing. Chris

No comments: