Sunday, November 24, 2013

Just a few more days

Yes the big day is coming. Turkey, football and promises of a new diet after we have eaten to much during our big meal with 4000 calories. We all want to be with family and friends to share in this traditional day.

Well our kids are all going to other locations or are staying home this year. We plan on having my Mother come for dinner, but it will be a quiet day here. No extra clean up or cooking going on here.

I plan on a simple meal. My Mom said anything other than hot dogs is a gourmet meal to her so the bar isn't set very high. It won't be that simple, but far less prep than the last few years.

The holidays are not my favorite time of year. My family was away and I wasn't invited to my in-laws. Long story, rather forget. Maybe we can enjoy the quiet and reflect on the day rather than the rush of meal prep and cleanup.

Hopefully you and yours will have a Great and Safe Thanksgiving your way. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Thanksgiving has been my daughter-in-law's 'holiday' since they married 12 years ago. I always did Christmas. This year we're reversing it and I have to say I'm looking forward to it. I will only have the meal clean up instead of all the wrapping paper, boxes and the odd toy parts I find when they go home. There has only been one year (Christmas) when all my kids were gone. My sister-in-law had just moved to AZ and joined us. As much as I missed my kids, I did enjoy the more laid back day. I still made a nice meal of ham and all the trimmings, but cut back on all the desserts. I hope you'll have a great Thanksgiving.