Saturday, February 27, 2016

Another top finished

I decided it wasn't big enough so I added some borders. These were little 4-patches that were in a bag and I thought let's use them up. 

I think this would be good for a toddler bed or a nap quilt. I just measured it and it is 46 X 32. I maybe should add another border to try and get it closer to 45 X 60. 

It is sure colorful. I think a toddler would like the bright colors in it. I think when it is finished it will go into a bag for future grandkids or great grandkids, My little ones are graduating to larger beds and they have a ton of smaller quilts. 

I did some more cutting and piecing this afternoon. In the same drawer there were some smaller 4-patches. Most of those came in a bag from the thrift store. All good quality fabric, but what was I going to do with them. I hung onto them and decided to make an old fashion looking quilt. Four patches with a neutral. Then I make it into a larger 4-patch block. I will take pictures tomorrow. It will be like a utility quilt, but using up good fabric. 

While pulling out strips for the star blocks in the bottom of the tub I found Log Cabin blocks in the process of being made. There are 26 finished that my Mom had pieced and another 16 in the works. On another day when I am not tired I will pull them out and piece another top together.  This is only a dent in unfinished things she had started. 

I have enough of my own and now all these tops need quilting. Maybe someday it will all get done. Chris 


3 comments:

Jean said...

That is a pretty bright quilt. It's fun to see how you are using what you are finding in your Mom's stash. Keep up the good work.

starflash quilts said...

Love the scrappy crummyness!

sewyouquilt2 said...

very pretty quilt. your Mom is looking down and smiling to get some UFOs done.
love your scrappy quilts