Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I have made some progress

I got this tub of batiks from my Mother's stash. I like the bold colors, but never was attracted to them. I have just left them out to see if I could get inspired. Most of this tub is fat quarters. I have an applique project I wanted to get started and so why not use them for the applique pieces. There are a lot of variations within one piece. 

This is just a small piece, but look at the posibilites. 

Here is another group of the pieces. I can see this in applique flowers. 

I started last night with trcing on freezer paper and then I decided I need to do a different process. Also my permanent marker is going dry so I need to replace it to finish. Next trip to Walmart. 

These block patterns are from Teresa Rawson's Little Treasures. I bought the packages of flowers patterns. I have my background fabric bought so it is just get the pen and start in. 

Gloomy weather again today. No precip. but just dark. Hope you have a great day. Chris

No comments: