Monday, January 2, 2017

I need to add a room onto the house

This is a folding table I have that is about 3.5 feet long. It is full to the hilt. Some of this some of that. Much of it is in stages of working or about finished to needs quilting.

You could ask my family when I was a kid I was a mess. I was personally clean and dressed well, but I left piles. After my sister moved out there was two beds in my room and one was piled high with stuff.

Pack rat might be a good name, but when I get in the mood to get rid of things look out. The rest of my house isn't that bad believe me.

I thought I would have felt better this Fall I would have had more finished. Well that didn't happen. So  here I am trying to sort through the piles and find pieces to finish things. I thought I kept things together, but I guess not.

No goals or resolutions were made because I never keep them. One that quietly I have kept to myself was get healthier. I have lost almost 35 lbs. Which is a chunk of weight. I do feel better in that regard. I loose  much more will have to invest in some new clothes. They are pretty baggy on me.

Hope your days are productive. Chris







2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I think most quilters would like a room added, at least for storage.

Hettie Pringle said...

A couple of years ago I read about/followed the hints of Fly Lady on the internet. Forgot about it until this year again. One thing about her basic daily routine I noticed is that she doesn't allow any time for a hobby BUT I've also realised that some of her hints/tips could be applied to my sewing room.
My favourite is "declutter for 15 minutes a day". Now in my case, it would only apply to my sewing room, tackling one corner/drawer/cupboard/surface and it does make a huge difference. Even only after 3 days I saw that I returned to previous routines/tasks set by her for the rest of the house.
As one of her sayings goes "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
Hope you get to sort the table and many of those quilts done this year