Monday, October 26, 2015

4-patches and denim bricks

The 4-patches were a result of power sewing with a maybe thought in mind. Well they became a different thought in the middle of the night. I hate when you wake up and your mind is in overdrive. So they became this look. I stitched two 4-patches together. My squares were n 2.5 inches I stitched into 4-patches. So the mini block is 4.5 inches. I sewed them together and made the multi-colored brick. Then I thought what do I have to alternate with them. I came up with the used jeans that were sitting there needing to be gone.

I cut the legs on the good part of the jeans into 4.5 X 8.5 inch bricks. This is to match the multi-colored brick made from the 4-patches. Not a hard task for this old mind at 4 am. I cut different colored jeans to the size bricks I needed and started out sewing. I have more multi-colored bricks sewn and need to cut more jeans up. My hand needed a break so I sewed and pressed for awhile and back to more jeans being whittled down.  Use an repurpose is what is going on here today. Chris

2 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

I like where you are going with this top! Great repurpose project!

sewyouquilt2 said...

love this top. yep that is what our ancestors did. make something useful out of something not used anymore. great thought for this pattern. looks great!