Friday, March 10, 2017

Neutrals or Low Volume

I guess I am old school. Neutrals to me were white, off white, or white on white. Now they are low volume. As you can see from the picture I buy more of the color saturated fabric and shirts I recycle. I need to change my purchasing ideas and look for more neutrals. 

In the corner are a lot of off whites, muslin and white on whites. I use them, but they can get boring. Everything on these shelves needs to come down and be used up. Some I have had for a number of years and there not getting used unless they are cut into usable sizes. 

I acquired a quilting book yesterday. I ordered it and it uses a good mix of neutrals and color saturated pieces in each of the quilts. I need to figure out where to purchase more neutrals. I know there is a quilt shop about 60 miles from here that has a whole section devoted to neutrals and men's shirting/Civil War reproduction style. 

I could spend a $100 there real quick. So I will be in search of neutrals for a priority in my thrifting and fabric buying binges. 

We got a dusting of snow. I slept pretty good for me last night. So I need to get in there and start slicing and dicing fabric again. I maybe will just start cutting today and cut for about 2 hours then stop and do something else for awhile. 

Are you a neutral rich person in your stash? I sure am not. I need to get on this right away. Chris

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Low on nuturals in my stash...I do not know that my white on white stash counts. It looks pretty bright next to other "nuturals"

JustGail said...

I think I'm on the low side for neutrals. I'm trying hard to pick a theme when I visit shops - QOV suitables one day, a certain color another day, plain on yet a different day. I wish I could say I have enough discipline to not succumb to "ooooohhh pretty!!" purchases.

Where is this shop you are talking about?