Friday, March 3, 2017

Thrift Store Purchase

I got 7 small bundles of quilt fabric at the thrift store. Some are fat quarter or less. For scrap quilts they will work out fine.

They range from deep reds to dark browns and several blues. Some are civil war reproduction prints and others are plaids and a few solids. 

I got them all for $14. So in the next few days I will clean up the modified log cabin blocks because I am getting almost enough done for a twin sized top. 

Then I will get out the pattern I wanted to use the darker colors with and get a handle on what I maybe will still need. I have the tea dyed muslin fabric I need for background. So at sometime I will have enough. Collect them as I find them. 

I have several 30's and 40's prints also so I need to get a few more of them to make a queen sized top with them. Always looking to make my selections work at some point. 

Well the weekend is here again and I plan on trying to stay home. I didn't go anywhere today. I stayed home and cleaned 6 qts of strawberries. I froze half of them and left the rest to eat in the next couple days. 

The strawberries came from the FFA club my grandson is involved with. This was part of their fund raising efforts this year. They were delivered from Florida. I lost one strawberry in the whole flat. Not bad. 
Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Oh what a nice find at the thrift shop you made! hugs, Julierose