Thursday, May 14, 2015

More hexagon work

After several hours of Netflix and network programs I missed I got lots of hand stitching done. It doesn't look like much, but the hours add up with the basting and then the small hexies being sew together into the stars and the flowers. They are 1/2 inch on a side.

Got another one ready to add the second round. This will be a long term project. I get tired of handling it and move on to the machine to do piecing or quilting. Today I did 4 loads of laundry in between the stitching and picking up trash and going to the dumpster. 

I stopped and made homemade pizza. I mix the crust from scratch and browned off the sausage and hamburger. So it is all cleaned up and eaten and put in the fridge. 

Tonight I am not sure what all is left of the normal programs. Most have had their finale for the season. Might be another night of Netflix while my husband watches he wants to. A new original series called "Grace and Frankie" has started. It has Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlinson together again. Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston are in it too. should be fun to watch. 

Well the baby overnight is crawling everywhere. She pulled herself up to a piece of furniture by herself and got on her feet. I think she is going to be an early walker like Autumn was. Heaven help us. Trying to keep up with them will be a chore, but fun. 

The weather has been funny today. It was cold this morning. In the 30's this morning and high 30's tomorrow, but 80's on Saturday and Sunday. Raining right now. Slow gentle rain that soaks in. 

Maybe tomorrow I should run the vacuum and scrub the kitchen floor. I did wash the toys Kate had in her mouth and hands with bleach water. She had such a horrible cold.  That way they will be clean when she comes back. 

Well off to get ready to watch "Grace and Frankie" and get some sewing done. Chris

No comments: