Friday, February 14, 2014

Senior Citizens Day

I finally got there today. I reached 62 years old on Valentine's Day 2014. Where do the years go?

Other years I really minded being a year older, but as I read the obits in the paper and see all the people my age passing away I guess I celebrate each day that I'm here.

Yesterday I has sewing machine issues and today I made my seam allowances to large. So tomorrow I regroup and look at it in a different light. Funny how we have to step back and say I can do better than this. Mind you progress is being made, but a few set backs happen.

I went to my Mother's house you know the enabler and she let me go through her stash and I brought home a whole bunch more of it.I brought a fair size stack of blue fabrics. Some are very large prints, but when you cut them into 1 inch strings and 2.5 inch blocks they look different than the whole piece.

When my Mom gives up sewing all of it will be coming to my house anyway. She has a whole entire clothes closet full of fabric so that is one of the reasons I am frantically sewing up all the small scraps into blocks and quilts. Maybe other than backs I will not have to buy anything more for the rest of my life. Time will tell.

I hope all of you had a Nice Valentine's Day. Chris

5 comments:

blocksandmore said...

HAPPY Birthday !

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy birthday to you! you have me beat by only part of a year :) yes we need to be glad for each year we have don't we!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!!!!

Julierose said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you--at 70, I am also wondering where all those years went>...but looking at my photo albums warms my heart...hugs, Julierose--P.S. good luck with those blues...still no sewing mojo going on here.....