Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Where is the Spring

I didn't like the Ground Hog this year. He said 6 more weeks of Winter. But it is so cold and so much snow. We have 37 inches on the ground and they are saying more is coming this Sat. The frost is down about 27 inches which hasn't been this deep for decades. This is the coldest Winter on record for here in the last 40 years.

I've been stitching away at bright colored scraps in hope I don't remember the cold outside.
We shoveled drifts of three foot high and 6 feet long this morning trying to throw it up over the piles along the driveway. I'm not that tall and it is not easy to do this. Schools were either called off or delayed. Most of the rural schools called off. Those kids will still be in the classroom in July at this rate.

Enough is enough. I know we don't have as much as some on the East coast or in the mountain ranges. I think they are tired of it too.

Stay warm. Be safe. Chris

No comments: