Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cutting 4-patches

Ok here we go. Cutting 4-patches. The strips are pressed and laid out to cut into 4-patches. 

Cut the first one and lay the extra piece off to the side. We will add it to the last section after we cut the whole strip up.

See how you get variety this way. 

 You can see how they looke when they ae cut apart. Perfect little 4-patches. 2.5 inches square.
The next step is 4-patch in  a square. So I cut 2 7/8 inch squares and cut diagonally to make the four corners. I will press and trim to the correct size before the next step. My finished blocks will be a little larger than the original pattern. This way I didn't have to cut extra strips the ones I had were working fine. The blocks will be a little larger than the original pattern. Maybe if I make it again I will make it to the correct size. Chris 

No comments: