Sunday, April 26, 2015

Had to make one

 Got one made. Lots of stitching for a 7 inch block, but I sure do like it. I used a pattern in the Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork magazine dated June 2015. But I made it a different way. The 4-patch in the center is my method and the block is 1/2 inch larger than the original one.
I showed you the center yesterday and I added the two outside sections to make this Churn Dash block. It is an age old block, but this is a different twist to it.

Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts is the designer of this. www.heartspunquilts.com. It made my heart sing when I saw it pictured in the magazine.

It is tiny pieces that normally would be thrown away, but instead are finding a home in this quilt block. The string pieces are 1 inch strips and sewn together to be 1.5 X 3.25 inch strips. Challenging, but fun. Going to cook supper now. Chris

Now only 99 more to make.LOL

No comments: