Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This is close to being done

Two Winters ago I stitched this much of this POTC top. I have more blocks ready to be added and I just got bored. I do have the tan fabric for this with the top.

I think I have the outside border on hand that will work. I plan on appliqueing the center to the borders. This will be a hand quilting item. I need to find a batting that will needle easily. The last hand quilted quilt I made I used a 100% cotton batt and I was really sorry. The quilt was fine when done, but my hand really minded the effort I had put into it.

I think I will get this out and see if I can get it closer to done. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thermore polyester batting is a dream to push a needle through plus it is thin so you can do several stitches on the needle before you pull through.