Friday, April 3, 2015

Pressed and ready to pin

I pressed it cut off the points and added the borders. This is about 40 X 40 inches. Not huge but a good nap quilt for the baby this Summer.

Mom requested a zig zag quilt when she was first born. Well she will be 6 months old in 3 days. I think I'm a little behind the times. 

This is not a HST block it is instead logs sewn together into squares and then stitched together in rows. These were all small pieces I picked out and tried to add lots of color to this combo.

Off to get this pinned and I think I am going to pillowcase seam the quilt turn it and not have binding. I have the bright yellow for the backing to finish it. Straight line stitching in the zig zag pattern will be the quilting. I think light yellow thread will be in order also. Sky is the limit with the look you want. Have fun with it. Chris

No comments: