Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Up somewhat early

I didn't fall asleep until 11:30 pm. Which is really late for me. I told you my mind would be working overtime and it did. This is a 9.5 inch block and a 6.5 inch block. The center on the smaller one is 1.75 inch squares and the strips are 1 inch. 

In my last post I talked about poverty piecing. Well here is and example of it. I was about an inch short of having enough for the last strip. This is before I trimmed it. It will blend in when quilted and no one will know.

I now have 36 of these larger blocks made. Closer to the 42 I wanted to start with. I hope I can find an end here and have enough without a border. If I think I need a border I will have to address it soon. I need to lay these out and see what I need to make for the rest of them. I have made a few odd colored ones so it will make the eye move to see them. Today maybe will be the day to lay them out and check if I need more green or red ones. Also I need to see if the lighter side will go North and South or East and West. Might make a different look. Chris  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandma did a lot of "poverty piecing". You have to look hard for it, but it is there. It just adds to the character of the quilt.