Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Framed strings happening

Framed strings is the main project today. I really want to get this one done and sewn into a top at least. The parts and pieces have taken over two sewing machines and surrounding areas. I need to get that cleaned up. 

I see the direction of one of the framed strings needs to be changed. Amazing how you see it in a picture and not when you are stitching. When I get them laid out I will double check directions of the strings to make them all alike.

This uses up a ton of strings. The larger framed blocks use several pieces, but the smaller ones because there are 4 squares in each block eat string really fast. 

When I cut scraps up I always cut strips and the sizes I cut depends on the amount of fabric I am cutting. Some have 1.5 inch strips and some 1 inch strips. Using up every inch of fabric is very challenging to me. Back to sewing and pressing. Chris

No comments: