Sunday, June 21, 2015

Trying to focus

This is just a portion of the mess. I know I keep saying I am going to clean it up. Well I do and more happens. I have clothes in there to mend a zipper needs replacing and just don't get it all done. 

These are the 4-patch Courthouse step blocks. I need 18 more and I just finished 8 of them. They are pressed now, but need squaring up. I got up out of my chair to look for a certain fabric for one of the logs that was less than an inch to short.  I looked in every tub I had. Well I finally found it and added a piece on to make the log to finish the block, but....... I realized I won't have to cut anymore fabric for awhile. I guess I didn't realize how much I had cut into strips until I needed that piece.

Being prepared is good, but I think it is overwhelming at times. I need to get some sewing done. Yesterday I started to sew and it irritated my husband because the iron was making the TV flicker. I finally gave up and quit. He went out and used his table saw and it made the TV in the house flicker when I was watching something, but I didn't say anything. It is the Dementia working on him. Some days I walk on egg shells and just quit what I am doing. Sad part is he doesn't realize he is doing it until I talk about it later.

This next week is going to be hectic. Lot of appointments. Tomorrow I plan on a to-go bag with hand work to keep me busy because one appointment is almost 2 hours long.

I am not a focused person and I need to be. Hopefully I can find some time to get some of this done to regain my sanity. What little I have left. Chris

No comments: