Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pressing and sewing

Lots of pressing and sewing going on. I have elements of all of these blocks in the works at the same time. Pressing was the major job today. Trying to tie up some blocks for larger blocks and then still working on the 4-patches as I finish  something else. Maybe some day they will all be quilts. 

So over the last three or four days I have stitched on three different quilts. Today the strings need sashing and assembling. The 4-patches needed pressing and some stitching. 

These strings needed to be sewn into the 4-patch blocks. They will be placed with the sashed larger string blocks.

I think this will be my method of some of this sewing. Trying to get different elements assembled for quilt tops. I had thought about getting a top pinned and ready to quilt, but I think I am pushing my efforts before the wedding work starts.

Suppose to be the hottest day of the season today. Talking like 89 degrees. So today I will get some more things done in the house because we have a Dr's appointment tomorrow and having a cookout tomorrow evening.

Grocery shopping and food prep will be part of my day I am sure. Going to try a new salad recipe. If it turns out good I will share it with you. Have a good day. Chris

No comments: