Thursday, July 24, 2014

More hand stitching

First off thanks for all the well wishes for my Mother. She did well and also was glad it was over with. Hopefully she can get back to seeing better and enjoy the remainder years she has left being able to see well. 

I took this hand stitching with me and got 5 done while waiting. I finished two more yesterday while waiting on supper to get done. I have a waiting period today while we have a recheck at the eye clinic today. So maybe I can complete the whole 10 of them. 

These are crazy scrap 4.5 inch squares I made awhile back. I bound them with 1.25 inch strips. No mitered corners. I wanted less bulk on the corners for glasses to sit on. They are generous coaster sizes to be used on my wood tables. I used my decorative stitches to do the quilting when I sandwiched them together. These are small scraps I sewed into fabric with 1/4 inch seams and it is fun to do. I paid for all the fabric once why not use it all up. 

These would make nice hostess gifts or stocking stuffers. I plan on making more for the daughters -in-laws for Christmas gifts. Yes Christmas gifts it is just around the corner. 

Beautiful today so plan on taking advantage of the nice weather. Chris    

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Coasters make great gifts. I hope you get all 10 done today.

Julierose said...

Oh those are really cute and are so great for gifts! Or --even better (LOL) for yourself!! hugs, Julierose