Monday, June 2, 2014

I told a little white lie

I have done a little sewing. I said to someone today I hadn't done any at all. I have picked this up and sewn on a few pieces here and there. This is going to be a smaller flower.  

I have a tub of 1.5 inch strips cut and I'm making my pieces for the hexies out of these strips. They are 1/2 inch on a side. I haven't been in the mood I guess to use the machine the last couple days. I think tomorrow since the weather is suppose to turn to the worse I will be cutting. No electricity will be used doing that in case we get lightening strikes near by. We are on the edge of the bad storms that are to come through our area.

I got online and ordered 100 Schmetz Microtex needles yesterday. They are all one size, but I generally use one size for piecing. They are sharp and pierce the cotton fabric well. They are a lot cheaper to buy in bulk. Also I got shipping free. I have been looking for 45mm rotary cutting blades in bulk also. UI need to look in a couple other places. They are not cheap either. Have to save a buck where you can. Chris

No comments: