Saturday, January 9, 2016

I am naughty

Yes you read the title right. I did something I shouldn't have. I did some sewing, but not on anything I should be sewing on.

I am using strips that have been cut for quite awhile. I started a 6.5 inch string block. I know why, well I was very frustrated. I need fast and furious sewing to calm me.

The day didn't go as I planned, nothing serious. Just some days are more difficult than others. My days are not meant for me to plan. My husband has dementia and some days you have to do as he wants. Today was one of those days.

Well today was one of those days. I managed to sew while he was laying down. I got several blocks made. I need to trim them all then cut crosswise. I plan on cutting them into half squares triangles. The other side of the half square will be a solid color. This will use scraps and make a decent sized block fairly fast.

Tomorrow I will have some pictures. I need to pull out the solid colors and cut the size triangles to work with the strip pieced triangle. So back to being naughty. Chris

No comments: