Monday, January 25, 2016

More of the same

Still trimming HST's to make them square. Between errors in cutting and pressing and stitching  it is easier to cut larger and trim to size. More accurate. It is a pain in the backside.  One  of the pinwheel blocks was constructed so you can see what my purpose for these HST's.

I cut a few and go and do something else for awhile. I emptied my dishwasher and cut some. I filled my dishwasher and cut some. I ran a sink of hot water and washed a few pans and cut some. Eventually they will all be cut. I was stitching some earlier. I got some of the string blocks sewn to the solid triangles. Also made some more of the HST's to be trimmed. At a point with them I need to count. 72 blocks make for a lot of them.

Today is charity day. My neighbor needs to go to the dentist. She would have had her sister take her, but her sister had to have emergency brain surgery. She slipped and fell on the drive on Dec. 30th and developed a brain bleed and was having stroke like issues. So she is improving and in the hospital so I am the chosen one to take her to get two bad teeth pulled.

Suppose to be warmer and then snow is coming. I think less than an inch.

I woke up to a smoke detector chirping. The battery was going dead. My husband can't hear it and it was in his room. 2:20 am is to early so before I go to pick up the neighbor I will take a nap.

Stay warm and safe. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am going to do a pinwheel quilt too. I found a box of squares yesterday and there are lots of matching ones so some pinwheels will be all the same fabrics and some will be scrappy. I am going to alternate plain squares with them.