Saturday, January 30, 2016

More fun

Should have been more focused on finishing something, but there was scraps laying beside my machine. Small pieces from cutting strips and squares. I thought I would clean them up. Well after cutting and piecing and trimming I think I have more scraps then before. 

These are 9 inches square as they are cut right now. So they will be 8.5 inches when sewn together. I think as I go I will keep making more this size to make a whole bed quilt. In my piles of fabrics I think I have about 9 more. Need to find them and add to the pile all trimmed and ready for assembly.  

These are fun to do and yet they are using small stuff up. I challenge myself to get a few done ever so often. Some call them Crazy blocks, some call them crumb blocks, Some say they are making fabric. Many have techniques as to how they do them, but I free form stitch them with 1/4 inch seams. If the edges aren't 1/4 inch I trim them so there isn't the bulk in the blocks. 

My Mom made these types of blocks on a foundation piece of used sheets. She left the sheets foundation in the quilt. I guess find the technique that works the best for you. I don't like the extra bulk in the blocks so I for go the foundation. 

Making bobbins full and the iron on it the key to stay motivated making these. Everywhere I look I find more pieces so 
I keep adding to the pile of finished blocks. Having fun in NW Illinois. The weather is suppose to change but they still are not telling us what we are to get out of this large storm that is coming our way. Will be making more blocks. Chris 

No comments: