Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice is here


Today is the first day of Winter. Bah Hum Bug! I want Spring. As you can tell from the sound of this post I don't like Winter. The older I get the worse it gets. I think it is pretty coming down, but then the clean up is more than I care to do and the colder it gets the more I really do not like it. This picture is my back yard this last Summer. My yard could look like that all year long, but I would have to move to another area. I live in NW Illinois and the weather is very unpredictible at times. Hot humid Summers and cold dark and snowy Winters. My neighbor when I was growing up use to say any country fit for corn growing isn't fit for humans. The humid weather it needs to grow in the summer and the cold dormant ground in the winter to regenerate for the next crop. No wonder I quilt. Need the warm quilts to keep us warm when the wind blowes and the snow piles up. Hope everyone has a Great Winter Solstice today. Chris brrrrhhhh!!!!!!

No comments: