We got the book out on it and it was ten years old. The last heating element was installed in 2014. We live with a well so the water is very hard water. It was getting limed up and it just needed to be changed.
My husbnad is disabled, but insisted he change it. I went and bought it and paid to have it delivered.
I had to clean put a closet to get to the cabinet it is stored in. The closet needed a good clean out anyway. I had some old computer componnents and also a ton of old pillows. Which all of that will get recycled or sent to the thrift store.
It was a long day because he is weak and he had to take breaks. But it is in place. The pipes had a leak, but he got that fixed. So today we will put the closet back together.
So that explains the no sewing. I had to go to the hardware store for plumbing pieces and I do most of the lifting, but it saved us about $400 in labor doing it ourselves.
I would have prefered one of the boys to help, but they both were working. We just have to get the old tank hauled off now.
I do plan on trying to finish picking up after the closet gets put back together and get some more sewing done.
Hope you all had a more productive day than I had, but I have hot water again. Chris