Sunday, February 16, 2020

What other crafts do you do?

Besides quilting what are some other crafts you do?
I have several I like to do, but not enough hours in the day to complete them all. 

I do X stitch. I have done cross stitch since the 80's. Many years went by and notr a stitch was done. In the last 6 months I have completed a couple stitchings, but not got them fully finished. I am waiting to get the kitchen painted for a couple of them. 

This is done on 18 count aida I tea  and coffee dyed. I dried the fabric in the sun all scrunched up to get the vintage look. 

I knit also and a small amount of crochet. 

At this point in m y life I am using up stash. yarns and threads I hve had for a long time. As long as the thread doesn't break easily I am using it up. The colors are not faded and the floss has been stored in a closed container. I think it is all in the storage. 

I do have to use magnifying lenses to aid in the stitching, but that is ok. Not attractive, but it works. 

So do you have other projects that you pick up off and on and do?


I need also to make three sets of Raggedy Ann's and Andy's for my Granddaughters.
Not that they will play with them, but they can place them on their beds. I plan on some cross stitch pillows for their beds also. 

Something they can have that BGrandma made for them. I guess I am to sentimental.

I have the need to create. Hope you do. Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

I do stamped cross stitch, making journals of all kinds, scrapbooking and beading...definitely not enough hours in the day...I've been mainly
quilting these days but i have a couple cross stitch patterns to work on also..["crafters unite"] lol;)))
hugs, Julierose