Sunday, June 16, 2013

Well attempting to get back at it

Well as I said in the title attempting. It has been something I haven't wanted to finish. It started out as a twin quilt and is now to be a queen. I think that is where I got hung up. I need about three more borders and maybe will have to go and buy some of the colors to make enough. Decide that today.  
Yesterday I decided I needed to get on this and show some progress. I quilted the center with all the detail quilting. Then I decided to add the borders with the sew and flip method. Now I have to go back and quilt that and determine what the next step is. Every fly by the seat of your pants? Well this one is one of those times.  
I think it is coming together ok. She would have preferred blue at the main theme, but I chose green. I know she will like it. Next one will be be blue.
The green section needs some anchoring with quilting and now I have to determine what it should look like. Since it is a swirly design thought about going with it. Make it a contrast to the angular design in the blocks. Need to practice some line drawing to see if I can do it well enough to look good. 

Gloomy day here. Suppose to be this way for several days yet. We had some sun off and on all day yesterday. My garden is doing great and my yard keeps growing for us to mow. Just enough rain to make things look lush.

Pretty soon it will be canning time again. I plan on this next week cleaning out the canning cupboard and making sure of how many empty jars I have and if I need seals. Which I am sure I need all of the above. Don't want any of the veggies to go to waste. Never have enough tomatoes on hand.

Stay busy and Happy Father's Day to all.  Chris

3 comments:

Katie M. said...

Oh, Chris, I love that quilt. So much color...

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

This looks wonderful!!! I'm glad to see you finding some sewing time...and what a great quilt!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I think it's beautiful!

I tend to sew by the seat of my pants most of the time. =)