Sunday, June 1, 2014

Corners all on the floor

Clipping corners off and threads are every where in the sewing room. Small pieces are used to make the star points. I have a whole bucket of
neutral scraps to use for this project. Some are cut off pieces from other HST's and also from snowball block cutoffs. Also there are strips and odd angles from cutting scraps, but they were saved and used.
This needs about 70 blocks with sashing to make the size I need. I need to find a sashing color to make the most effective look I want. I want a Grandmother look. Dark gray or black prints might be the answer. The colors in this layout really are bright, but they have a different look in the natural light. I need to get back to stitching. I need to cut some more darker colors to get the variety I need. Off to cut more scraps from my piles. Chris

1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

Nice stars! I just finished 80 of these to do Bonnie Hunters Wonky/Wish stars top. I cut neutral strips and dug through my stash for all my thinner neutral strings and such to sew up the sashings…..sigh.
It took me 2 weeks to make the stars. Sounds like you make better head way than me, but it was a great way to use up some scraps!