Wednesday, November 26, 2014

prep day

Well the big day is tomorrow. We don't eat until 6:30 pm. so I have a little lead time to get things done. Pies will be today though.

I am making a New York Cheesecake. It takes over 2 hours to bake in the oven. Pumpkin and Pecan pies will be made also. Turkey, ham, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, cornbread, raw veggies and dip and green bean casserole plus Grandma's favorite for the kids a jello salad. The other thing I really like is cranberry relish. Hopefully it is enough.

Thee is an elderly neighbor that is all alone so I will take her a plate full of food. She lost her husband a year ago and family isn't close. I told her I was going to do it and she said no, but if she has a decent meal for a couple days out of it it is worth it to me to share.

The maddening thing that I have to do today is go to Walmart. Yes...... Several years ago I lent my turkey roaster to my son for a seminar. Well I never got it back which I told him was ok. So with my family getting larger and bigger age wise I need more than what my little oven can handle as far as cooking space. So I'm going to look for a turkey roaster. I have thought about it for over a week and determined it is the only way to cook everything and have it hot.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and you enjoy your family and friends. Fellowship is important and being thankful for all we have. Happy Thanksgiving. Chris  

No comments: