Friday, July 3, 2015

Next....

Yes this is next. Remember I told you I needed 500 4-patch blocks. Well I have almost 400 done. This is the quilt I am going to use them in, but I am making two of these quilts. Why two well I thought it would make a nice gift for an anniversary gift for next year. Yes I am planning that far ahead. 

As you can see lots of piecing and applique and it is 100 1/2 X  104 1/2 inches. Designed by Terri Westberg in the August 2015 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. 

This is a small pile of the 4-patches. I have more to be pressed and made sure they are square.  It will use up a lot of scraps for sure.
This picture is some of the detail in the applique. I need to prep this stuff for my to go bag. If I have things ready I can take it with me and get a lot of the stitching done.

My Mother is not doing well and I need to spend more time at her house. I have a lot of the cleaning and furniture moved. We took an adjustable bed into her house yesterday and get that set up for her. It will make getting in and out of bed easier for her. Her right side is weak and sitting up is difficult. Now she can raise the head of the bed and sit up so she doesn't have to struggle and slip off the bed like she did the other day.

We have some other health issues to overcome also. She is being brave, but scared to death over this bought with cancer. Not a whole lot we can do at this point, but make her comfortable. Which is my goal.

Yesterday my son and his kids came and got the bed moved and set up and no grumbling at all. As we told her she was worth is.

I think we will have a quiet 4th and simple food. Doing laundry and trying to recover my house after the move. Have a good one. Chris

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love that quilt. ambitious to make TWO. prayers that your Mom stays comfortable and strength to the family to provide it.