Saturday, November 14, 2015

Trying something


Crazy me. Not finishing anything, but I got onto my Pinterest albums and found this block. No directions at all, but just interesting. I tried a couple and lots of intersecting seams partially sewn.

 This gives a better look at it. I used 2.5 inch squares for the middle and 2 inch wide logs for the rounds. I tried sewing the logs together and adding the opposing strip at the end then sewing them into place. I tried sewing each round. Well the jury is out it is a lot of stopping and starting seams. I think maybe a table runner or a baby quilt with this block, but not a whole bed quilt.
This doesn't look like much, but I am excited. When we bought this house it had bright shiny gold handles and hinges on the cabinets. So 80's look. Well I didn't like it. Contemplated painting them, but it scratches off easy. There was a big sale going on and I found something I could live with. 

See how gaudy the bright gold looks. The hinges are a pain to replace, but my husband has been doing a few at a time and he is down to just the hinges. Something this small makes me feel better. The cost on the other hand wasn't cheap and I would have preferred a different handle , but it was twice the money and I couldn't justify the cost. Chris

No comments: