Tuesday, August 27, 2019

i am here, but not to organized


The last time I posted I was making crazy/crumb blocks and QAYG method of quilting them. I have several of them done and did a lay out to see how many more blocks I need to get this into a quilt.
I started out with the connecting strips and decided on 4 in a row. Rechecked and decided on 5 in a row. So the rows are almost completed. This is going to be couch size for the girls to use in the bedroom on the twin air mattresses we have for them to sleep on when they are here.

I plan on borders to add to the length and the width of the 7X5 layout of the rows after they are connected together.

Fall is upon us. The trees are starting to change color here. The flowers are almost done for the season and soon the leaves will be falling. We have been cutting back flowers to get the beds ready for the Winter.

My Granddaughters will be starting school on Friday and the oldest started college yesterday.

The year is almost slipping away so fast that where has the time gone. I have three quilts on the go right now. My new neighbor asked if I would make a quilt for his wife for Christmas. So that is in the works and I will show you the progress on it in the near future.

Just a few more days to this month and then Labor Day. I hope you all have safe plans and the weather holds out for you. Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Really nice SAYG blocks--I love doing the quilting as I go..either singly or in rows...I see you have used fancy stitches on yours--VERY nice work..that will a cozy lap quilt...hugs, Julierose