Sunday, April 18, 2010

Looking more like a quilt

I am now piecing the strips together with the single sashing and colored squares. This is taking on a life of antique look to me. Here are a couple more pieced strips done waiting to be added. I need to make about 20 more of the 9 patch in the square blocks and sew together 4 more rows to have the middle section done for this top. Then 4 borders.

I decided to sew together the strips I had so I am not getting to much of the same colors in the same area. This way the last few I need to do I can be careful not to get to many reds or greens together.
I think I am going to quilt with black thread on the top and not sure what I will use for the backing. Something to blend with the backing fabric. This will have to be a cotton batting or at least a blend of cotton and poly to get the shrinkage and the drape for an antique look. Chris

No comments: