Sunday, April 18, 2010

Repurposing

I think all the neat little carrying cases and totes and storage units for sewing supplies are neat. BUT they cost a lot of money. I bought this chewing gum awhile back and used up the last of it. I thought what a perfect size to put used sewing machine needles in. I can set it by the machine and not have stick my hand into the waste basket to retrieve something and get stuck. Then when it is full it can be thrown out.
The Square buckets are ice cream tubs. They have a tight fitting lid. They are food grade so I can store like extra flour or sugar in if on sale. Also all the extra tomatoes at the end of the growing season can be placed in there for freezer storage. I have used them for quilt blocks and squares I am cutting from all my scraps. I have one for applique sized pieces and also one for hand piecing pieces I have cut out. Hey I paid for it when I bought the product I can repurpose it. The square buckets stack nice also. Look around you will be surprised at the uses for items can be interesting and useful. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I didn't know ice cream came in square buckets. Maybe I need to venture out of my sewing room more, LOL