Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flash flooding

No I am not kidding. The weather was so bad last night the rain and lightening woke me up. The rain came down to a point that the water ran out of the fields and traveled down the streets in our community with mud and corn stubble everywhere. They had to use a skid loader to clear the streets this morning. The highway department was out with a snow blade on to scrape the highway. There was so much crap and mud everywhere. We had over 3.7inches of rain in a few short hours last night. No wind damage, but a lot of muck to clean up. All the mulch has washed out of my flower beds and is everywhere. You walk through the grass and it squishes. Hope everyone else is safe and hopefully dry. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, ick!! We are sharing the same rain system. I live high and dry, but I am sure there are many basements in the area with water in them.