Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Yard Work Never Ends

Today I was outside. The heat wasn't as bad, but bad enough. This is the Maiden Hair Iris in full bloom and the Red Penstimon blooming with little white flowers. This plant is native to the Midwest. Here are the Chives in full bloom. Need to get them cut back soon or more chives will come up everywhere. They are so pretty and really good in salads.


This it the pastel Spider Wart in full bloom. They close up at night after the sun leaves them and reopen the next morning.

These are some light colored Irises



This is my back yard and small garden. The tree over by the garage was supposedly dead and was brought here and look at it now. It is a Autumn Glory Maple




We now have a set of red steps. They were not meant to be there but they were to short so Jeff built a platform for them to sit on and we can use them properly now. We want a deck, but not enough money to go around right now.











This is the back of the house and the side of the garage. The Trumpet vine is starting to grow and be around the birdhouse Jeff made.







These Hostas have only been there 4 years. They keep getting bigger and bigger. This is on the North side of the garage.









Now you can see why I don't get any sewing done. I bought 30 bags of mulch and it is only about 1/4 of what I need to go all the way around the house, shed and garage. When more is in bloom I will take more pictures. The beans, cucumbers, squash and cantaloupe are all up from seed. So that garden is doing pretty good also.
After doing all the outside stuff today I mowed. Before 8 am I had scrubbed the kitchen floor and vacuumed the living room and then took a bath. Now off to the shower because my Right Guard isn't working any more. LOL.
I started on the mulch but it was to warm on the side I was on. So I am going out in the morning and get the West side done. We bought some edging and placed it down today. I will take more pics after the job is done. Take Care Chris







1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your yard and gardens looks so nice. My red penstemon is blooming too. My spider wart almost took over the back garden in past years and this year there is only one little patch of it.