Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cold Day

We hit 32*F this morning. Windchill is about 28*F. I knew it was coming, but not ready for it. The sewing room is screaming at me. I really need to get more sewing done. Granddaughter is growing and she needs shirts. She isn't a little girl anymore and she doesn't want big girl looks. She is a tween and some of the things that for her are to old for her age. Garment sewing is where I began sewing. Many of you started with quilting and that is a fine, but I have the garment background and it makes you look at sewing different. We learned a 5/8inch seam allowance and you learned a 1/4inch seam allowance. We open the seams to press and you press to the side. In looking for fabric for her tops I ran across a lot of flannel. Guess I need to make pj bottoms and also some flannel rag quilts. Well I am off to the sewing room to see what kind of trouble I can get into. I will give you a sneak peak tomorrow. Chris

No comments: