Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Blocks

Here is the start of a new quilt. Yes I started another one. Shame on me. LOL. This is a kit that was given to me. Here are the colors of the quilt shown in this picture. This is the first block I constructed and this is two parts of the block laying beside each other.
This is the finished block. This quilt is a sampler quilt with a medallion in the middle of a vase with appliqued flowers I pressed the middle seams opposing and the center turned out great.


This is the back of the piece with the seams all pressed to the side.

As you can see the opposing seams make for a better seam when sewing two sections together.

I haven't ever made a sampler quilt before so this should be fun to make. More to come stay tuned. Chris

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I made lots of sampler quilts back in the 1970's and 80's when I was teaching the class. they are a lot of fun and never get boring because it's something different each block. Your center is perfect!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Cute block, Chris!