Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not much going on

I think today I might be feeling somewhat better. I am a plant nut and this is some of the plants I have in my living room. They must like the filtered light they get where they are sitting. My poor garden looks so sad. The picture was taken through the window so therefore the glare, but it is dirty looking and so empty compared to the summer months. Can't wait to get out there and make it come alive again. I am so ready for Winter to be over with. I did hear birds chirping the other day when the weather got to 50*F. So maybe it will come.


Here is the latest blocks I am working on. Scraps are being sewn up and the pile is going down. But today my Mother called and said she had a pile more for me to pick up. She doesn't like working with the smaller pieces anymore. Hopefully they will work for what I am doing.
Here are the ones I have pressed and done. They will have to be trimmed, but for the most part are sewn together.
This is 17 of the 113 I need. It will take a bit of time to get all this cut and stitched together.

They will be set on point with sashing and it makes a 85X85 inch quilt. I know another queen size and I just complained about doing a queen sized quit last month because I finished 2 of them for Christmas. Since I have been under the weather I need to get some cleaning done today and then onto the sewing room. Oh yeah I need to get the scraps from my Mom's house. Off to do some more cutting. Chris


1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Boy is it cold out this morning!! yes it isn't a pretty site outside so I keep happy looking at my pretty fabric.
You have a great start on your quilt!